The Pyrenees mountain range lies between Spain and France, across the Iberian peninsula. They are a very picturesque mountain range and are a hotspot for tourists, especially during the ski season around Andorra. Staying in the Pyrenees will help give you a breath of fresh air, a better quality of air and the freedom to be in a beautiful, natural environment.
The skiing in this region during the winter months is known throughout the world, so this is one of the main reasons why people go here. If you want to learn to ski, this is a good place to do so and to get some skiing lessons.
It is also a great place to go in summer, to enjoy the heat and the beautiful views. There are many larger towns, as well as small villages and scenic spots, where you can enjoy your surroundings. You can hike, relax and swim and have a great holiday in nature.
The cost will inevitably come to any decision about a holiday. There is no getting away from this important factor, as you will be spending quite a lot of money on going away. Sometimes, you might book a holiday based purely on cost, because you have seen a good deal or found some cheap flights that are too good to turn down.
This is a good way to book a holiday sometimes, but it’s also worth saving up and going to the places that you really want to visit. If you have always wanted to visit New York, for example, or perhaps somewhere in Asia, then save up. Don’t be tempted by a cheap holiday – take the time to save and to go to the places you have always dreamed of seeing.
Make a list of your dream destinations and then keep track of the ones you visit. It will help you to know what you are aiming for.
Many items are currently in the pre-Christmas sales, but what about holidays? When is the best time to book to get good discounts? Is it possible to find a time of year when holiday prices will be at their lowest?
As with anything else, there do tend to be sales on holidays. They might be during different times of year though, such as the January sales when holiday sales may be slower. It will depend on what is more beneficial for the big holiday companies. Whenever their sales are likely to be of a lower volume, it will benefit them to put the prices down on their flights and holiday packages.
It is also worth looking for low prices around the times that airlines release their flights – usually around 6-9 months before the flight itself. This is when all the airlines will be in competition with each other to secure the lowest prices, so you can get a good deal.
Flights are often the most expensive part of a holiday so anything you can do to keep the cost down is always welcome. You can get flights at very low prices as long as you know when are where to look. Here are some top tips:
- Search on price comparison sites. These will compare flights from different airlines so you can see the various prices next to each other.
- Book outside of school holidays (as long as you don’t have children of course!) This will reduce the price of flying significantly.
- Keep an eye on flight prices. There are apps available that will tell you how likely it is for a flight to go up or down in price. It then alerts you to price changes.
- Book budget airlines. They may not be as comfortable, but budget airlines are a great money-saving device. Even long-haul flights can be bought at a fraction of the price when you choose a cheap airline.
It really is never too early to start planning. Even if you don’t decide to book anything just yet, you can start thinking about your holiday as soon as possible – it’s rather exciting to do it this way too! Here is a step-by-step guide to help you plan the perfect 2017 trip:
- Make a list of destinations. This should be made up of the places you most want to visit in 2017.
- Check the travel prices. Keep these saved in a document so that it is easy to amend it and make sure it is up to date.
- See how much holiday you can take from work. Some trips will need more time, especially if there are multiple flights that you will need to take.
- Once you have picked a destination based on travel requirements, research it thoroughly. How easy is it to get around? Will you be staying in a hotel that is close to all the sites? What do you want to do when you are there? Again, it might be worth making a list to decide on your itinerary.